Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cold soy bean noodle (콩국수)

I have been to Boon-dahng which is not far from Seoul. A 30 minute-drive when traffic is not bad. My foodie friend who is a local there brought me to a place where you see just a few things on menu. They basically do Cold soy bean noodle (콩국수 [kong-guk-su]) and noodle soup ( 칼국수 [kal-guk-su] : direct translation is "kinfe noodle" which means hand-cut noodle.) They look so plain and simple, but it takes  effort, time and skill to make them from scratch. The result is a profound and pure flavor.
Making the base for soy bean noodles is quite similar to tofu. The one I tried was very nutty. I guess they added peanuts and pine nuts when making the soup base. All you need to eat this is good pinch of sea salt, fresh cucumber and Kimchi. It is served very cold. I am so much intrigued that I will try to make my own when I go back home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home