Cold soy bean noodle (콩국수)
|Soy bean noodle, (콩국수 [Kong-Guk-Su]) is accompanied with Yeol-Moo-Kimchi (열무김치).|
|I mixed soy beans with peanuts to make it even more nuttier.|
|The consistency is like heavy cream. It has to be really silky.|
|Don't forget to drink fresh warm soy bean milk (콩국) with a pinch of sea salt. mmmm-good!|
- 2 cups dried soy beans
- 1/2 peanuts
- 8 cups water
- sea salt to taste
- Wash soy beans several times. Soak the soy beans in cold water for 4-5 hours. (longer in the winter time)
- Cook soy beans with the soaking water. When it boils, cook for 10-12 minutes. Either undercooking or overcooking will give an off taste. Taste the beans, it's ready when it tastes nutty.
- Cool it down. Scoop out the soy beans. ( I save the cooking water aside.) Plunge the soy beans in the cold water. Gently rub the beans between your palms. you can easily peel its skin. Try to peel as much as you can.
- Transfer the beans to a blender, add peanuts. Start blending. Add bottled water one cup at a time (Use the reserved water if you want) until it reaches to a heavy cream consistency. It should be silky.
- Fresh Soy bean milk is very perishable. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Skinning soy beans requires some patience. Don't try to be perfect. It will become smooth and silky when it is blended. If you prefer the texture of milk, sieve it with fine clothe. I like it unfiltered.
- Cold soy bean noodle (콩국수)
- any types of noodle such as Soba, Somyun (Somen).. for 4 servings
- 1/2 seedless cucumber/ julienned
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- soy bean milk (콩국)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cook Somyun (Somen) noodle in the plenty of salted water. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Put some noodles on a big bowl, pour soy bean milk. Top with julienned cucumber, egg and some freshly ground sesame seeds.
- Serve it cold.