Friday, February 18, 2011

smoked soy sauce

I have fell in love with smoked soy sauce. I became so curious when I read about this on Naoko's blog that I had to give it a try. The result was AWESOME! When I first opened the smoker, I was surprised by its strong and bold aroma. And secondly I was surprised once again to find out its subtleness when it was actually used in dishes.

The recipe is adapted from Naoko's blog
ingredients
soy sauce

Put some soy sauce in a heat resistant container. Smoke the soy sauce sauce for 30 minutes according to your smoking method. You can improvise your wok to a smoker. : Line your wok with tin foil. Put some smoking chips on the bottom, then put a wire rack on top. Smoke the soy sauce with the lid (also tin foiled) tightly closed. I recommend to do it outside.

Check Naoko's bog (Mrs. Donabe's rustic Japanese kitchen) for more details.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home